- Various roles in business, sales, marketing, R&D, HR.
STRATEGY, BUSINESS OPERATIONS, CHANGE MANAGEMENT
Over 30 years of international experience in multinational corporation, with global and regional responsibilities for the Americas and Asia Pacific. Roles include leading business growth with P&L responsibility as well as various corporate functions. Experience in strategic design and improvement of business processes and operating models, transformation and change management, post-merger integration, customer experience enhancement, and leadership of diverse cross-cultural organizations of various nationalities and backgrounds. Deep understanding of the end-to-end value chain, built upon broad experience in corporate strategic planning, sales, marketing, supply chain, customer service, human resources, product development, and process engineering.
Relevant Work Experience
MANAGING DIRECTOR, NEW HORIZONS MANAGEMENT CONSULTING CO., LTD., SHANGHAI
- Serve clients in all industries and geographies to provide business and leadership solutions.
- Advise clients on the strategic design and improvement of business operations, including organization and processes.
- Lead major change initiatives from strategy development to program implementation on behalf of clients. Examples include restructuring, integration, transformation, new operating model, and business process enhancement.
DIRECTOR, MENTOR CONSULTING, TELSTRA INTERNATIONAL LIMITED, HONG KONG
- Design of the people integration plan for an acquisition in APAC.
- Design of a change plan for an organizational transformation and implement a new. organization structure
- Partnered with the Executive Director to structure, recruit and onboard for a new department in the APAC region.
- G4S Security : advised the Regional Head of HR (APAC & ME) to crystallize the people strategy in the region.
- Support and coach country HR leads across 30 countries across change of the operating model from a federated to a functionally aligned one.
- Lead the productivity agenda for the HR function –Analyse HR costs and identify areas where savings can be achieved.
GLOBAL PROGRAM DIRECTOR, ELECTRONICS & IMAGING, DUPONT CHINA HOLDING CO., LTD., SHANGHAI
- Led initiative to transform customer experience to world class levels through a differential management model, streamlined processes, and advanced digital technology, in support of a US$5 billion global business.
- Key member of the global leadership team. Collaborated with multiple workstream leaders and partnered with business and functional teams in all regions of the world.
REGIONAL DIRECTOR, ASIA PACIFIC
- Centralized customer service across businesses in Asia Pacific to form a leveraged function of 300 employees, supporting US$6 billion business with a budget of US$12 million. Achieved over US$3 million in annual cost savings.
- Launched an efficient new operating model and a powerful workflow system, comprised of a cloud-based application that manages customer requests coupled with a telephony solution.
- Achieved seamless integration of Dow and DuPont Electronics & Imaging customer service teams and processes, as part of the corporate merger, to establish a new organization comprised of 160 employees located in eight countries.
DIRECTOR, NORTH ASIA, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, CORPORATE MARKETING & SALES
- Led a corporate multi-business platform to leverage synergies in market access, products, and technology in five targeted industries to accelerate business growth.
- Contributed US$250 million additional earnings by leveraging market strategies across multiple businesses.
REGIONAL BUSINESS PLANNING & IMPROVEMENT DIRECTOR, PERFORMANCE COATINGS
- Developed growth strategy for the Performance Coatings business for Asia Pacific.
- Implemented an integrated business planning process including demand, supply, and sales.
MANAGING DIRECTOR, GREATER CHINA, CORPORATE OPERATIONS
- Developed integrated growth strategy for DuPont in China, encompassing sales & marketing, supply chain, technology, organizational development, and infrastructure.
- Created and led a network of leveraged functions to drive functional excellence and collaboration to enable profitable growth across all businesses.
REGIONAL DIRECTOR, ASIA PACIFIC, IMAGING TECHNOLOGIES
- Managed P&L of a strategic business unit in Asia Pacific. Grew total revenue by over 50% and China by over 70%. Increased operating income by 85%. Reduced working capital by over 10%.
- Led cross-functional team of sales, marketing, finance, supply chain, technology, and customer service.
E.I. DUPONT DE NEMOURS AND COMPANY, USA
- FT Non-Executive Director Diploma
- Wharton School Knowledge Intensive Program
- Transformational Executive Coach Certification Program
- Ph.D. and M.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Illinois
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, graduated with Summa Cum Laude honors