STRATEGIC PRODUCT SOURCING MANAGEMENT
Over 20 years of experience in operational product sourcing, risk management and strategic planning for major UK and Australian retailers, from Asia and the EU and as an independent consultant. Proven track record and extensive experience of restructuring, expanding and running sourcing operations throughout Asia and in the EU. Passionate about sourcing ethically and sustainably and helping clients develop more socially responsible and transparent ways of working.
Relevant Work Experience
DIRECTOR AND GENERAL MANAGER, SAINSBURY’S ASIA LTD
- Originated and executed a direct sourcing strategy expansion in Asia from a single Hong Kong office to a network of sourcing hubs in Shanghai, Dongguan, Delhi and Dhaka.
- Expanded product sourcing offer to include apparel, consumables and food start-ups.
- Introduced operational infrastructure in-house in Asia, including logistics, HR and product development.
- Worked closely with UK colleagues to develop and onboard social, ethical and sustainable strategies within the supply base.
- Member of the British Chamber of Commerce, Strategic Supply Chain Committee, Hong Kong.
- Member and Chair of the British Retail Club, Hong Kong.
DIRECTOR & GENERAL MANAGER, COLES GROUP ASIA
- A specific role to restructure end-to-end operations, recruit a new team and develop a merit based work culture.
- Developed, agreed and executed a direct sourcing restructure and growth strategy across multiple retail brands.
- Upgraded ethical code of conduct and developed clear sustainability targets.
- Member of the Australian Chamber of Commerce.
- Guest lecturer at Deakin University for MBA students.
HEAD OF SALES AND OPERATIONS, TESCO PLC
- Developed and implemented Tesco Asia initial sourcing strategy to service retail operations in Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand and Korea.
- Pioneered direct sourcing operations to Tesco retail businesses in Asia.
- Oversaw process review improvements and ran a systemisation reform project from factory to shelf.
- Part of the team that set up the first Tesco sourcing office in the EU, in Prague.
- Thesis on the readiness of the Polish apparel industry for EU ascension (during MBA placement).
- Developed Tesco Europe sourcing strategy across 4 countries Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary.
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT / NON EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
- Non-Executive Director Hamleys Asia for 3 years, executive board committee member for 2 client projects
- Research, feasibility and a recommendation paper to a retail client for potential start up sourcing organisation set up and projected cost savings.
- Sourcing office set up for a client from concept to turnkey ready.
- Project outlining a transformation of a global sourcing organisation for a client in the manufacturing sector.
- Part of a project for a clients company-wide turnaround strategy, dovetailing a reformed sourcing strategy into the overall turnaround plan.
- MBA International Business, University of Bristol, UK & École des Ponts, ParisTech, France
- BSc Geography & Psychology, University of Leicester, UK
- Financial Times / Pearson Non-Executive Director Diploma