OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT AND GOVERNANCE
28 years of international experience in financial services working for major banks in Hong Kong and the UK. Roles include most recently APAC COO for Global Banking & Markets. Experience in Risk and Control governance, Operations management, Transformational Change and Cost Management.
Relevant Work Experience
COO FOR GLOBAL BANKING & MARKETS - HSBC , HONG KONG
- Providing oversight of the COO APAC team including, Operations,
Client Operations, Information Technology and setting up of the
Chief Control Office.
Supporting the GBM CEO in delivering the ‘Pivot to Asia’ Business
Strategy to support business growth in China and South-East Asia.
• Participating and chairing various governance committees across
Global Banking & Markets, covering risk, strategy and innovation.
• Responsible for execution and delivery of cost initiatives, including
identifying opportunities for efficiency through continuous
• Representing GBM at internal risk meetings and board risk
committees, covering Financial Crime, Conduct, Business
Continuity and Operational Risk.
• Chair of the APAC People Committee to support development and
• Global chair of the GBM Diversity & Inclusion Committee
HEAD OF MARKETS OPERATIONS APAC – HSBC, HONG KONG
- Responsible for Markets Operations strategy across 17 countries
and over 650 staff.
- Supported design of the regional target operating model to
support the APAC Markets business strategy, including off-shore
and transformational change strategy.
- Hiring and retention of strong management team to support the
complex GBM business, including talent management and
developing training programmes across APAC.
- Sponsorship and delivery of the continuous improvement
programme to support trading growth strategy in APAC without
an associated cost increase.
- Implementation of a strong control structure, working in
collaboration with Operational and Regulatory risk, resulting in a
significant reduction in Audit findings.
- GLOBAL HEAD OF BANKING/LENDING OPERATIONS – RBS,
- GLOBAL HEAD OF FIXED INCOME OPERATIONS – RBS, LONDON
- EQUITY DERIVATIVES OPERATIONS AND PROGRAMME
MANAGEMENT – UBS, LONDON
- FT Non-Executive Director Diploma