- Transformed a loss-making office in Taiwan to a profitmaker within 12 months by focusing on client acquisition.
- Built a strong SE Asia set of operations linking Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand.
- Co-head of the Financial Communications Practice in APAC and led the development of IPO and M&A communications at Hill & Knowlton Hong Kong.
- Established and ran Hill & Knowlton’s first office in Dubai.
- Undertook crisis and issues management for clients with hostage situations following Iraq’s invasion of Kuwait.
COMMUNICATIONS AND CRISIS MANAGEMENT
Over three decades of global experience in Corporate Communications, Crisis Management, Financial Communications, Reputation Management, Stakeholder Communications and CSuite Advisory. Extensive experience helping companies and their management communicate across Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Strong belief that what a business says, how it says it, and when it says it, will make the difference between success and failure.
Relevant Work Experience
GLOBAL VICE CHAIRMAN | HILL+KNOWLTON STRATEGIES
- Co-head of global client service and head of Practices.
- Managed key client relationships and the development of cross-border business.
- Helped establish client leadership as a third professional career path in the agency. Created and implemented a client service Quality Assurance process.
- Trusted advisor to clients at a C-Suite level on Corporate Communications, Financial Communications and Crisis Management.
- Head of Hill & Knowlton’s Business Ethics Committee for 10 years.
CHAIRMAN & COO ASIA PACIFIC | HILL & KNOWLTON
- For 11 years led the APAC business operations of one of the world’s leading public relations and public affairs communication agencies.
- Responsible for Market Strategy, Business Development, Operations and Acquisition strategy across 9 countries in Asia Pacific from Japan to India, and China to Australia.
- Based in Singapore and oversaw operations generating US$50 million in revenues.
- Created a multi-agency solution for a leading electronics client that focused on providing the client with the best inmarket communications solution. Co-led that business for 10 years.
- Led a specialisation working for ASEAN entities including The ASEAN Secretariat and The ASEAN Coordinating Centre for Humanitarian Assistance on Disaster Management, and the ASEAN Inter-Parliamentary Assembly. Work included the development of communication master plans and training.
- Client counselling on IPOs, Investor Relations, Market Strategy, Crisis Communications, and Stakeholder Management.
- Regular speaker on crisis management and communications for government entities.
- Awarded Outstanding Individual Achievement Award 2018, Southeast Asia Consultancy of the Year 2018, and Asia Pacific Consultancy of the Year 2010 by The Holmes Report.
COUNTRY LEADERSHIP | HILL & KNOWLTON SINGAPORE, HONG KONG, TAIWAN, DUBAI
- MBA, Duke University
- MA, Georgetown University
- BA, University of Kent
- FT Non-Executive Director Diploma